Comment on page
Responsive Starter Templates Plugin
Note: Responsive Starter Templates Plugin only works with Responsive Theme 3.0 and above. If you are using an older version of the Responsive Theme please contact us at https://cyberchimps.com/contact
To install the Responsive Starter Templates Plugin manually from the WordPress admin dashboard:
- 2.Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- 3.Go to Plugins > Add New
- 4.Upload the downloaded plugin zip file
- 5.Install the Responsive Starter Templates plugin
- 6.Activate it
To install the Responsive Starter Templates Plugin via FTP
- Unzip the Responsive Starter Templates zip file
- Open your WordPress site via FTP. We would recommend you to use FileZilla
- From FTP, visit the root of the WordPress install
- Now visit wp-content folder > plugins
- Upload Responsive Starter Templates unzipped folder from step 2
Also there is Pro version of Responsive Starter Templates which can be purchased from CyberChimps website. With the Pro version you will get Premium templates, Priority support, and automatic updates to the Pro plugin.
Before proceeding make sure you have the Responsive theme installed and activated.
Below are the steps to download this plugin and import website demos
- 2.From the WordPress dashboard navigate to Responsive > Website Templates and select a website you wish to preview & import.
- 3.On the preview page you will see the website and the “Import site” button.
- 4.On clicking Import Site button on the preview page you will see actions that will be taken to import the website.
- 5.Here you can click on Import Site button and import the process will start. You will see checkmark in front of actions that are completed.
- 6.After Import is complete you will see the Launch Site button which will take you to newly imported site.
With the Responsive Starter Templates Plugin, you can also import a single page from any Responsive Starter Templates. So if you like multiple page designs from separate Responsive Ready Sites you can import those pages into your website.
To import a single page navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Responsive > Website Templates & click on the Ready Site from which you would like to import a single page. You will see the button as Import Template.
Click on the Import Template button to see which templates are available to import from that ready site.
Select the template which you would like to import & click on the Import Template button in the bottom right corner.
Finally, click on the Import Template button and the selected template with used plugins will be imported.
Once the import process is finished click on View Template button to view the imported template.
Imported pages are kept in the draft without publishing you can change the imported page & publish it or publish the imported page as it is.
With activated license key you can import Free & Pro both Responsive Starter Templates.
- 1.From the WordPress dashboard navigate to Responsive > Website Templates and select a website you wish to preview & import.
- 2.On the preview page you will see website and you can see the “Import site” button.
- 3.On clicking Import Site button on the preview page you will see actions that will be taken to import the website.
- 4.Here you can click on Import Site button and import process will start. You will see checkmark in front of actions that are completed.
- 5.After Import is complete you will see Launch Site button which will take you to newly imported site.
Responsive Starter Templates plugin delete customizer settings and content imported previously using Responsive Starter Templates plugin, No plugins will be deleted.
More specifically, the plugin imports things as below:
- 1.Customizer Settings
- 3.Menus and Content (Pages, Posts, Images and Media)
- 4.Required Plugins (like WPForms lite, Elementor, etc)
So you can import a Responsive Starter templates on existing website. But as the process imports new content and settings as well, just go to pages, posts, menu, widgets and delete the content that was added in the import process.
Just to be safe, take a backup of your existing website. It’s easy and takes only a few minutes.
Navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Responsive > Website Templates. In the right-top corner you can see available page builders. From Elementor, Gutenberg, or Both select your preferred page builder.
There are more controls present for you to filter the starter templates.
Category Dropdown: On the left side you will see a dropdown for different categories. You can filter the website using categories like Business, Blog, Ecommerce etc or using free, premium templates.
Search: A search box next to the category dropdown will let you jump to the exact template that you’re looking for.
Sync Icon: This option in the top right corner can refresh the template library. It will automatically refresh the library and fetch any newly available templates, all in the background. We regularly add new site templates to the library and this option will ensure you can see any new additions.
Are you facing an error while importing Responsive Starter Templates? Please find solutions below for some common queries –
If you are facing such issues please check your internet connectivity. To preview and import Responsive Starter template continuous internet connectivity is required.
You can see certain steps being failed while importing a website. This may happen if a website is being imported is currently in maintenance. In such a scenario please try importing the website after some time.
You'll need to activate the below-listed plugins manually from your WordPress dashboard:
- Responsive Elementor Addons (REA)- Activate this plugin only if you've imported any Elementor ready site template.
- Elementor- Activate this plugin only if you've imported any Elementor ready site template.
- Responsive Block Editor Addons (RBEA)- Activate this plugin only if you've imported any Gutenberg ready site template.
- WPForms Lite
Importing a single template will not import the header footer.